Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lit Soup's Contest!

Two very cool news (if you're (A) me or (B) a fellow aspiring writer):

1. Jenny Rappaport (Lit Soup) just opened her very own literary agency!

2. She's conducting a query contest! Know what that means? 50 very lucky writer-wannabes will get a personalized rejection letter (or even better, an acceptance) from her assistant, Jodi Meadows (whose blog I discovered at 2:01AM). I'm super duper excited because that means it won't just be a form rejection - I'll actually learn how to improve my query letter from the experts themselves!

If you're as excited as I am about this, check out The Rappaport Agency for submission guidelines. I think you enter the contest by emailing your query letter in. I already made the mistake of posting the query letter into the Comments section of the Lit Soup blog. When I realized my mistake, I had to delete my post in her Comments section (Christine blushes). Then, I spent the next hour searching through her archives to learn more about her past contests and how people entered. One of the other contests did indeed involve copying and pasting the submission into the Comments section, so I was confused and posted yet another comment to ask. Then, I found her previous query contest and learned that folks entered by emailing in their query (Christine blushes again as she deletes her second comment because she found the answer herself).

Yar, I feel like an idiot, hence the third sheepish comment left on Lit Soup's blog. If you're Jenny Rappaport or Jodi Meadows and you're reading this, please forgive me for the un-intentional comment spam!

In other news! It's 3:58AM and I just finished writing my synopsis! Time to celebrate by sleeping! woo!

No comments: