Thursday, June 11, 2009

Look Ma! Two Posts in One Day!

I know ... sometimes I go for days without a single peep and I'm sorry. I promise I'm going to try to post MORE HELPFUL WRITELY things more often. And perhaps, even some non-writely ramblings as well.

I want to know what's in your To-Be-Read pile.

Do you read The Book Every Agent/Published Author is Talking About (HUNGER GAMES, CATCHING FIRE, GRACELING, THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH) or are you reading books that are similar to the book you're working on (for research)?

Are you reading THINGS THAT ARE POPULAR (yes, I'm talking about TWILIGHT) or reading books by successful YA authors to try and determine their sekret sauce (MAUREEN JOHNSON, MELISSA MARR)? Perhaps, you are doing it old-school and going the Classic route (PRIDE and PREJUDICE).

My problem is a global problem: that there isn't enough time in the day. I am still trying to figure out the magic to balancing writing and reading. I'm flying to Philly today and, dude, it was pretty difficult resisting Marr's FRAGILE ETERNITY (I'm half-way through), but I did it. I left it at home. Why? Because last week, I chose to gobble up Marr's WICKED LOVELY so today, I am choosing (forcing myself) to write. Six hours on a flight and no books for as far as the eye can see. Just me and my laptop. Gulp.

I hope my To-Be-Read pile won't miss me too much. I know I'll miss it.

To-Be-Read pile:

DEVILISH by Maureen Johnson (currently reading)
FRAGILE ETERNITY by Melissa Marr (currently reading)
STARDUST by Neil Gaiman (currently reading)
SILVER PHOENIX by Cindy Pon (currently reading)
GRACELING by Kristin Cashore
HUNGER GAMES and CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins
IF I STAY by Gayle Forman
2nd and 3rd book in the GALLAGHER GIRLS series by Ally Carter
THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH by Carrie Ryan
DUST OF 100 DOGS by A.S. King
THE GRAVEYARD BOOK by Neil Gaiman

Um. That's all I can remember for now. Your turn!

No comments: