Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My dream book looks like ...

Scott Westerfeld's LEVIATHAN! The Steampunkish illustrations are exactly what I've imagined THE UNICORN TAMER to look like. Hopefully someday ... *crosses fingers*

Today I came on to drool over bookshelves. In the last month or two, I've bought:

* GRACELING by Kristin Cashore
* GOING BOVINE by Libby Bray
* BOY TOY by Barry Lyga
* THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER by Sarah Dessen
* SWEETHEARTS by Sara Zarr
* HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick
* ON WRITING by Stepehn King

and they are all currently lying on my floor because I am out of shelf space. It'll take some re-arranging before I can buy a new bookshelf, but it's still fun to look!

Neil Gaiman shows his shelves:


Popping colors:


Floating bookshelves:


Unique shapes:

Tree:

4 comments:

Stina said...

I so want these bookshelves. Especially the running ones.

Unknown said...

Wow. These bookshelves are so lovely! I want the reading rainbow room in my house.

Christine said...

Stina - I think the tree one is my favorite, but I think I would have to buy a forest to hold all the books I have/want.

Hm. Actually, that sort of sounds pretty!

Christine said...

Me too, Khymmie!