Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hon Sushi - Mountain View

2.75/5 stars

Went here wth my mom and dad on President's Day. Family lunch at a family establishment! 

ATMOSPHERE: Bright, clean, tiny, friendly, attentive... I almost felt like I was in Japan. I would say that Hon Sushi is a little gem run by decent, honest Japanese people who care. And all sushi and rolls are automatically 30% off.

FOOD: We had a feast! The fish is fresh, the rolls are big, bold, and colorful. I also had the pork ramen and even though the noodles weren't made fresh (which I didn't mind because this wasn't a ramen shop), the broth was unique and tasty. Very savory, slightly tangy, mildly spicy, and It wasn't fatty either... and no MSG! Free miso to start and free fresh-cut pineapple for dessert!

IN A MOUTHFUL: Can't wait to share this place with others!

(2008)

No comments: