Thursday, January 22, 2015

Strings Italian Cafe - Sacramento (closed)

3/5 stars

ATMOSPHERE: I felt cramped in there (and not in a cozy, warm and fuzzy feeling way) and I'm not a very big person. Service was very friendly and attentive - came to check on us several times. Prices were comparable to other Italian chains like Pasta Pomodoro and Macaroni Grill - reasonable and dependable.

FOOD: I was pleasantly surprised! Better than the Olive Garden IMO. The salad was awesome - I really, really liked the dressing - a sort of creamy, slightly tangy Italian. Only complaint is that the salad was mixed with raisins and sunflower seeds. My wonderful dining companions thoroughly enjoyed the wrinkled grapes and bird seed though, so that was cool. I easily picked them out. Bread wasn't boring - some sort of herbed, seasoned focaccia that came out hot. I ordered the Fettucine Marsala dish with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and shrimp (gorgonzola cheese crumbles on the side). They WERE NOT skimpy on the shrimp! I got like, twenty plump, not-over-cooked, decently sized/fresh tasting shrimp. The Marsala sauce was creamy, the pasta al dente! Good job Strings!

(2007)

No comments: