Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pho Nam Restaurant - Milpitas (closed)

3/5 stars

LOVE me my pho (f'uuh) and honestly, I'm quite the connoisseur. From Vietnam to Little Saigon in Los Angeles to my own ma's kitchen - I've enjoyed this best.noodle.soup.concoction.ever. 

Unfortunately, my much favored Superbowl in Cupertino closed down, so I'm off looking for new places. Pho Nam in Milpitas is:

THE FOOD: solid, meat is plentiful (more than average), and their large is one of the biggest I've seen. Broth is a bit too fatty and could have been more flavorful/less watered/muted. Noodles were perfectly cooked, not hard or cooked till it crumbled. Bean sprouts, limes, and basil leaves appeared to have been washed. Average pho prices.

THE PLACE: would've been 4 stars if the restaurant was cleaner and the hostess/waitress wasn't rude to us. She didn't smile, say hello, or let me pick another table even though there were dozens of empty tables around us. Instead she crammed us into a dirty, tight corner. Grrr... however, the waiter who took our orders and served us was nice.

(2008)

No comments: