Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Farmerbrown - San Francisco

3/5 stars

My girls and I had brunch here before the Cartier (*tiaras*) exhibit at the Legion of Honor. I can't complain when starting a day with fried chicken and mimosas!

The fried chicken was solid - not too greasy or heavy on the batter. They were fried almost lightly. The pieces were small, which I appreciated. No giant, hormone-pumped chickens here! If you wait for fresh-out-of-the-fryer, it's worth it. Mixed it up with some ketchup and maple syrup and I felt all Southern. The real winner of the meal, though, was the biscuit. Melt-in-your-mouth, you could eat them plain, or with fresh jam, or smothered in incredibly tasty sausage gravy. I can't say this about the chicken confidently, but those buttery, flaky biscuits were probably some of the best I've ever had.

Brunch also came with pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, grits, fruit, and dessert (sweet potato pie or a really dark, dense chocolate cake). I was a little disappointed that the red velvet wasn't available and that they stopped serving all-you-can-drink mimosas.

My only complaint is that the buffet could've looked a lot nicer and that they threw in drumsticks instead of just wings / breasts. $16 for all-you-can-eat ... worth the price? depends on how much you eat.

The service was friendly and I really enjoyed the vibe and the live jazz. A great concept.

(2010)

No comments: