Monday, December 28, 2015

Honey’s Sit-N-Eat - Philadelphia

5/5 stars

Yelp, I don't know what I did before I met you. You make eating whilst travelling so much better.

I was in Philly for the weekend and I wasn't stuck dining at chains or tourist traps because I had my trusty iPhone and my trusty Yelp. It was Saturday and we needed brunch, STAT!

FOOD: Erm. I had a little too much free champagne to drink the night before so I needed something greasy so I ordered a custom omelette that was not only GENIUS and one of the TASTIEST OMELETTES EVER, but ... it was also the FATTIEST omelette ever and I probably hurted my heart. Oops.

I asked for pastrami and BOY, did I get pastrami. Half-a-pound of slightly sweet/maple, perfect pastrami. On top of my pastrami, there was a pile of sliced avocado, tomatoes, and ... *dramatic pause* Velveeta cheese. I've never been to a breakfast place that serves Velveeta before! This was one makes-your-tastebuds-water omelette.

I also ordered:

* orange juice - fresh-squeezed, delicious
* FRIED GREEN TOMATOES were soooo good, served with a side of homemade ranch
* a potato and onion latke - it was too fried, oily, and salty for me

ATMOSPHERE: Honey's was local, eclectic, laidback, homemade, and our waitress was super friendly, chatty, and tattoo'd. Thanks, Honey, for a great breakfast!

(2009)

No comments: