Monday, December 28, 2015

Ray’s Boathouse - Seattle

5/5 stars

Oh, what a PERFECT way to spend our first official night in Seattle.

We started with champagne cocktails and the best seat in the house - a giant, cozy booth facing the windows and the view straight on.

For appetizers, we ordered the Shilshole Sampler (dungeness crab, penn cove mussels, alaskan red king crab, mahogany clams, alaskan snow crab) and the geoduck. The sauce on the clams and mussels really stood out. I was not a fan of the geoduck. Next time, I'd like to try the Coquille Saint-Jacques (scallops).

I couldn't decide between the sablefish or the salmon, so I was stoked to get both + crab cake. The Alaskan salmon was perfect, but my bf's smoked sablefish was the real winner of the night. It tasted exactly like BACON! An amazing piece of fish - definitely one of the best we've ever had.

One of my favorite parts of the meal was the liquid desserts. I ordered the Chocolate & Port sampler (1 oz. each of 2000 Quinta do Noval, 2003 Burmester LBV, and Kopke 10-Year Tawny) and couldn't have imagined a more tantalizing finish.

Attentive, polite, friendly service, cozy, romantic atmosphere, and great for a fancy group date - thank you Ray's for welcoming me to Seattle.

(2010)

No comments: