Friday, January 8, 2016

Hog & Rocks - San Francisco

4/5 stars

Hog and Rocks was fantabulous. Btw, did you know that fantabulous was an actual word in an actual dictionary?


Hog & Rocks has been on my SF-must list since I discovered that Hog Island oysters were bomb.com, but I had no idea they were right across the street from Lazy Bear! Hubby and I arrived 30 mins early to our Lazy Bear reservations and instead of standing outside in the cold and rain, we decided to "just go look at Hog & Rocks' menu." Once inside, I was delighted to learn that it was HAPPY HOUR. Magic words.

We only had 30 mins-ish, so we had to drink and go, but omg, was it memorable. First off, the folks there were memorable. The hostess was nice and the bartender was very friendly and very good at what he does.

Due to our time constraints, we, unfortunately, did not have time to order any hog (a shame, I know), but we got some rocks. Hammersely (Washington) to be exact. They were only $1 because it was Happy Hour and they were meaty, creamy, and mineral-y AND what is it about mignonettes? I adore mignonettes.

To drink, I wanted something light so I got the Spiced Pear Whiskey Bellini (pear infused bourbon, spiced pear liqueur, lemon, cava). It was lovely. I chugged it. Hubby got the Arbequina (olive oil washed gin, gran classico, dolin blanc).

I wish we had time to linger, but we had tickets, so off we went into the night!

No comments: