Sunday, January 3, 2016

Original Gravity Public House - San Jose

3/5 stars

Went here with a group of friends to celebrate my hubby-who-worships-beer. It's *very* hard to find a place that can pour him 5 beers he's never had before. Original Gravity won that challenge.

The beer list was quite original (pun intended) with the prices ranging from acceptable to high. The wine pours were generous. Cons were: no gluten-free beer or cider for my friends who can't have wheat and VERY VERY BIG CON (in my eyes): the duck fat fries DID NOT taste like they were fried in duck fat. Moar duck fat please!

The sauces were pretty awesome (I really liked the sundried tomato and garlic one). The sausages were good (solid amount of oozing cheese), but they were no Rosamunde. Don't get the sauerkraut. It was basically shredded cabbage. Definitely needed more time pickling.

Seating is limited inside, but they can probably fit about 30 people in the outdoor space in the back. Service was meh.

I am not sure if we'll come back because it just wasn't my vibe.

(2013)

No comments: