Sunday, January 3, 2016

Preston Farm and Winery - Healdsburg

5/5 stars

We visited 8 wineries this weekend and Preston was my absolute favorite! We went home with half a case, including a JUG O WINE (4 bottles of wine for $34?! A steal!)! The petit syrah was soooo good! It tasted like dark cherries. And my hubby was a big fan of the barbera.

While waiting for my jug to be filled, I asked the nice lady pouring how long it would last and she tried explaining the whole oxidation process to me. Then, a nice man walked by and joined our conversation. It turned out that he was the winemaker, Lou! He was soooo nice and down-to-earth. He spent some time chatting with me. Very cool.

If they weren't so far from where I live, I'd def join the wine club. They bake fresh bread, pour good wine, and the place is just so laid-back - I am in love!

Notes: $10 tasting waived with 2 bottle purchase. Jug o wine filled on Sundays only.

(2013)

No comments: