Monday, January 4, 2016

Three Restaurant & Bar - San Mateo

2/5 stars

Meh. I really wanted to like this place, but I just can't rate this place 3 stars.

First off, our server clearly didn't want to be there. He was just going through the motions. He was also extremely uninformed. I asked him to recommend a cocktail made with one of the infused liquors on the chalkboard, but he just waved at the menu and told me to pick something from there. Then, when my cousin ordered an old fashioned and asked him what bourbons were available, he just gave us a blank stare. He didn't even know if they had Bulleit!

Unfortunately, it just never got better. The old fashioned tasted watered down. And the yolk in my egg sandwich was cooked through. A hard-boiled egg sandwich makes me a sad panda. Apparently if you want a nice, runny yolk, ya gotta ask. The bun wasn't toasted either. And, the sandwich didn't come with potatoes, fruit, or fries. Pretty expensive for just a mediocre sandwich.

And they moved us mid-brunch to another table because they needed our table for a large party.

Sigh.

(2015)

No comments: