Monday, January 4, 2016

Tony’s Di Napoli - New York, NY

4/5 stars

Finding a non-touristy restaurant near Times Square is difficult. We got lucky with Tony's.

Tony Di Napoli's was loud, informal, and hearty with super friendly service. It was comfortable. Kinda like a Buca di Beppo, but with talented chefs. Because we can't get lobster fra diavolo in SF, I had to have it here. I almost ordered a salad to go with it, but our attentive waiter advised against it. I didn't mention the meatballs I wanted to order too. Or the chicken parm.

So I sipped on a frozen bellini while we, a table of 2, waited. Soon, we were delivered a mountain of al-dente linguine with what felt like a bushel of fresh, perfectly-cooked seafood (and a whole lobster!). There was enough food for 4.48790 people. You were right, I told our waiter. He gave me a cheeky wink.

The calamari was especially good. The shrimp was succulent and the soft-shelled lobster was easy to dig into. I got red sauce everywhere.

(2015)

No comments: