Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Five

Not only is it the end of the week, but it's the end of the month! February went awfully fast, didn't it?

1. If you don't read Nathan Bransford's blog yet, subscribe now. Seriously, right now. Because if you don't, you're missing out on one of the best literary agent blogs out there. Period. Nathan's blog was the first blog I subscribed to and he was also the first agent I queried. He's smart, honest, knowledgeable, and incredibly charming. He also links to great stuff , like this.

2. I. Can't. Stop. Thinking. About. Writing. All I want to do is write because there's SO MUCH TO DO: sentences to delete, character voices to improve, people to kill. Unfortunately, other things get in the way. Driving, work, showering - doh!

3. I should be querying more. All the success stories I've read usually start with, "... I queried 100 agents." It really only takes one. I've been quiet in the query department because I've been anxiously (very, very, very anxiously) waiting for a reply from Ms. Cornier. But, it sounds like agents are receiving up to 500 queries per week! So maybe I should just get my queries out there so I can start ... practicing to be patient. Ahh the strange phenomenon that is waiting!

4. I did not reach my 25,000 wordcount goal for end of February. I'm punishing myself by setting a 50,000 goal by end of March. Get 'errr done!

5. Please take a moment to mosey on over to Authoress' blog and critique my chapter ending! Pretty please?

Huggles!

No comments: