Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two Awesome Guys Whose Names Begin With 'N'

Agent Nathan Bransford teaches about character arcs (really, really essential writing stuff, folks) and answers questions in a cool interview.

and! One of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, has a video interview on colbertnation.com! His prose makes my heart skip beats. If only I could write half as well as him ...

So what's up this week?

Did not make the ABNA cut, but am not too bummed about it. I think I prefer the traditional agent route anyway. On the query note, received a rejection on a query I sent in November and have not sent anymore out. Would love to, but am not in love with my query. Don't know if I ever will be. Still waiting to hear back from Ms. Cornier and Mr. Barbara. Have reached the 20,000 mark on FRIENDS WITH DEATH, but have not written anything new in two days. Signed up for a Match.com account (for my protag), but got overwhelmed by all the single boys.

Oh, and Happy St. Paddy's Day! I'm sorta bummed that the cafe is not serving brisket and cabbage. Hm. Green beer would make it better, but I don't know where I can get my little hands on some. I also completely forgot to wear green which is weird because I happen to own many a green things. On a happier note, it feels like Christmas! squee! Just learned about all the spiffy new iPhone OS 3.0 updates. Finally, foto text messaging and copy and paste! Hurrah!

2 comments:

Tara Maya said...

You can sign up a fictional character for Match.com?

Christine said...

:)

I'm not actually having my protag look for a boyfriend or husband or bowling partner.

I just signed up the account so I can realistically portray online dating: what a profile looks like, what do you have to fill out to create a profile, how do guys contact you, etc.