Monday, April 13, 2009

Entering Contests

I missed Miss Snark's monthly "Are You Hooked" call for submissions today. I am sooo bummed! That's two months of no entering.

But!

One door closes, another window opens, right? Well, the window came in the form of QueryTracker's one sentence pitch contest! I sent in the following to try and entice Joanna Stampfel-Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary:

THE UNICORN TAMER, a Greek mythology meets Pokémon middle-grade fantasy that will appeal to fans of Carl Hiaasen's HOOT and Brandon Mull's FABLEHAVEN, is about 13-year-old Emma Brown who, after the mysterious disappearance of her mom, enters a steampunk version of our dimension where endangered creatures such as blue whales, centaurs, and pegasi are protected from ruthless Hunters by teenagers.

I know ... it's a mouthful! I hope she likes it! *crosses fingers*

No comments: