Yikes! Been almost a month since I've posted.
So ... I live in California, but the S.O. wants to live in Colorado someday so over the 4th of July holiday, we traversed to the Rocky Mountains to do some 'sploring to determine if it'll be a good fit. We went to Boulder (not what I pictured) and Denver (cool, clean city), the Red Rocks (this is a place where stories are born), and Table Mountain (I want to live near here). The best part of the trip was a surprise visit to the little town of Granby where we relaxed in a cabin (and played Apples to Apples in over-the-top Asian accents) and went boating with two of our best friends (who are part of the reason for the "wanting to move to Colorado" idea).
Anywho, I am way behind in life.
* I've been reading a lot more than usual - research to better my Young Adult writing skillz. So far, I've devoured the following books: I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You, Evermore, Wings, Wicked Lovely, and Fairy Tale
* I'm in the middle of Silver Phoenix, Fragile Eternity, and Don't Judge a Spy by Her Cover
* I just bought Blue Moon and The Graveyard Book
* I want to do reviews for everything I read (need to get off my butt and actually do them)!
* I won a 5-page critique with Kelly Sonnack (Andrea Brown Agency) through Cynthea Liu's auction
* I did a test run with the Online Writing Workshop for SF/Fantasy writers - in less than a month, I received 3 thorough critiques! When I have the time, I'm going to sign up for a permanent membership and return the favor to those who critiqued my work, but I'm super busy/behind right now ... I suggest you try it, though, if you're looking for solid feedback!
* I'm holding on to my promise of finish FRIENDS WITH DEATH before fiddling with THE UNICORN TAMER
* I currently have 1 full and 1 partial out