Thursday, April 15, 2010

Foodielicious Fair!

I just happened to stumble upon a food fair at work today (there's always *something* going on around here). Since we get free food at lunch, local businesses don't get our ... well ... business. So it's kinda cool that my company hosted a fair so we could try some stuff and hopefully come in for dinner on the weekends or something.

I started with some Patxi's chicago pizza:
























and stood in awe around all this lobster (Sam's Chowderhouse):























Next, I had some seriously tasty wood-fired pizza with swiss chard, bacon, red onions, and creme fraiche (Pizza Politana). I can totally see one of these beautiful ovens in my backyard:
























and I can never resist a good, ol' fashioned, all-grass-fed-beef hotdog (Let's Be Frank):























For dessert, heritage pasture raised pork loin + belly sandwich from the incredible Roli Roti (drool-worthy). Trying to figure out if they can host my next event. What kind of event should I have???























So THAT was my lunch extravaganza. And yes. I'm quite full now.

4 comments:

Martha Flynn said...

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME? AGH!

Christine said...

I actually thought about you! I'm sorry, but I found out too late. By the time you got here, the food would've been gone and that would've made you sad and WE CAN'T HAVE THAT NOW!

Jill Wheeler said...

Love your first line!

Christine said...

Hi Jill! Thank you! It's great to see your blog up and running again. Are you entering?