Thursday, August 4, 2016

Alexander's Steakhouse - Cupertino

3.5/5 stars

We tried the new location tonight!


I think I'll always miss the old, cozy, candle-lit location, but the new Alexander's is bright, airy, and modern. They not only have a new space, but we met new-to-us Justin & Ryan. Great guys. Great mixologists. Justin's Father Thyme (Michters rye, velvet falernum, St. Germain, lime & fresh thyme) and Weekday Retreat (Selvarey rum, velvet falernum, yuzu, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and a black rum float) were delicious. If you want something a bit more sophisticated (and hella STRONG), his barrel-aged 007 is smooth and oak-y. I couldn't NOT order his namesake even though the drink was more my hubby's style than mine. Happy to say that Max (the somm) is still there and he gave my family a tour, including the cellar.

My mom thought the hamachi shots were salty and I thought the cheese plate was perfect. The wagyu sliders were indulgent and the prime rib, though not medium-rare like I asked, was yummy. And honestly a steal at $40.


This place is still Alexander's and yet... it isn't. If you used to be a regular at the old location, you'll know what I mean. If you're new to Alexander's, you'll still have a nice time.

No comments: