Friday, October 17, 2008

I haven't even started yet...

and already it's gonna be tougher... emphasis on the er.

I chose the best worst time to finish my book. Perhaps I should've stuck to my original deadline of complete The Unicorn Tamer by the time I'm 25. I thought it was cute. A quarter of a century goal for myself. Since that didn't happen, my goal became complete the book before my 26th birthday. And here we are, 10 months later and well... the economy is quite the bleak.

Jessica from BookEnds (a Literary Agency) blogged about the economy and books. Basically, it's going to be a lot, a lot, a lot harder for a non-published author to become published. The advances and royalties (i.e. the money) will be less and everyone (i.e. publishers and agents) will be taking fewer risks. So unless an agent or a publisher absolutely loves, adores, can't-live-without-my-book, the chances of it being published in this here economy are downright slim.

That's not going to stop me, I'm still going to try. It's just unfortunate that something that's already so hard is just... well... harder!

By the way, I'm procrastinating. I should be packing for Boston right now...

No comments: