Monday, October 27, 2008

Let the agonizing over query letters begin!

I've been MIA because I've been in MA and ME visiting my jaw-dropping-incredible grandparents (inspirer of my nom de plume), eating lobsters in a lovely, magical light house, and viewing forests upon forests of awesome foliage.

My golden vacation is over. Time for two kinds of work - the ihaftado and the iwannado:

The Hafta:

-- weave weather into the book
-- explain "the sun" in "the Eas"
-- BUILD STRONGER CHARACTERS by polishing and polishing and polishing
-- figure out how big Drualtys really is
-- fix the trees
-- write an alluring, clear, captivating query (most dreaded task)
-- write a fantastic, concise, exciting synopsis (second most dreaded task)

The Wanna:

-- Send out my first batch of query letters
-- Research agents and publishers
-- Read literary blogs
-- Edit my first 3 chapters to Kenlyn's specifications
-- Work with my grandfather on my synopsis

Hopefully, I'll make some kind of dent on this list by Halloween!

On another note, I finished Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series on the trip and I am very sad to see the Cullens go. Though Bella and Edward were the main characters, I favored (read: adored) Carlisle, Alice, Jasper, and Emmett. Eddings, Rowling, Meyer - they all wrote incredibly strong, lovable characters that you wish you knew in real life. My goal is that.

No comments: