Monday, January 4, 2016

Opa! Authentic Greek Cuisine - Campbell

3/5 stars

We finally decided to try Opa! We've walked by it a bunch before and were always curious about the mini Grand Marnier bottles. Wait was about an hour on a Friday night, but we were able to snag seats at the bar right away. I ordered the Grand Opa! sangria which came in a huge goblet and the aforementioned Grand Marnier. It was only okay. Cascal's sangria is way better. The Opa! fries, though free, were a big disappointment. They were limp, limp, limp.

I enjoyed my gyro pita. The pita was nice and pillowy. Hubby really enjoyed his lamb chops. But the sides really stole the show. The grilled mizithra corn was yummy, but I'd come back just for the fiery feta mac n' cheese. The Greek sausage that was in the mac n' cheese was bomb!

I also ordered the Basil of Troy and it was nice. Mine was missing the candied ginger though. The bartenders who served us were friendly.

I'm not sure if I'll come back because it def felt like eating at a chain.

(2015)

No comments: