Sunday, January 3, 2016

Agave Mexican Restaurant - Healdsburg

3/5 stars

Since we were going to do an Über fancy brunch (and because Scopa didn't answer their phone after 2 tries), we decided to try Agave for a chill, belated-birthday dinner for my hubby.

The Mexican food wasn't awesome, but it was pretty good. I liked the chips, guac, and salsa. The service was also really nice! They accidentally took our guac before we were finished with it so they gave us some more.

My hubby got to try something he's never had before: the Molcajet. It had shrimp, steak, and chicken in a red sauce and was served in a mortar. It was huge! He liked it a lot. I had the burrito with carne asada and it was only okay. The steak was a bit dry and the burrito as a whole was fairly bland. My MIL ordered the veggie enchiladas and seemed to enjoy the diff veggies it was filled with (zucchini, cauliflower etc).

They seem to carry a lot of tequilas. They had my favorite - Frida Khalo silver.

Overall, if you're looking for some good ol' Mexican to sop up all that wine-tasting, Agave is a good choice.

(2013)

No comments: