Monday, January 4, 2016

Bistro Jeanty - Yountville

5/5 stars

Usually, if we're in Yountville, we're at Ad Hoc. But tonight, we decided to finally give Bistro Jeanty a try. It must've been meant to be because we weren't turned away. There was no 1 hour wait.

We. Were. Seated. Right. Away.

There was *so* much I wanted to order. I wanted to try the soupe a l'oignon and the rillettes de canard, but foie was back on the menu, baby! So we got the special: warm foie gras with pork belly over a lentil ragout. It was decadent and delicious. We sopped up all the foie, bacon-y goodness with french bread.

For dinner, I chose the steak frites with béarnaise sauce and the hubby had the cassoulet (baked beans, duck confit, toulouse sausage and apple smoked bacon). The steak was perfectly cooked and I'm usually not a béarnaise fan, but I couldn't stop dipping my frites in the sauce-that-was-very-bad-for-me-but-was-oh-so-yummy-in-a-rich-buttery-way. And hubby pretty much called his cassoulet perfect.

I tried to be a good girl and didn't order dessert, but hubby splurged. He ordered the warm apple tarte tatin. I ate all the vanilla bean ice cream.

Cocktails were traditional and really, really strong. After a day of wine-tasting, I stuck with water.

Now it's going to be even HARDER to try new restaurants in Yountville because, well, if I'm not going to be at Ad Hoc, I'm probably going to be at Bistro Jeanty.

(2015)

No comments: