Sunday, January 3, 2016

Coconuts Caribbean Restaurant & Bar - Palo Alto

4/5 stars

If I'm ever jonesing for Hawaii or the Caribbean, I think about this place. The only things the drinks are missing are the palm trees and the sand. I especially love the Dark and Stormy's (heads-up: super ginger-y).

They catered my best friend's wedding and everyone raved about the food. The service was what you'd expect from the islands: laid-back and super friendly.

Family style is recommended here. It's a great place for groups (don't forget to make reservations). My suggestions:

* jerk wings (I'd rather just order this than the jerk chicken dinner itself)
* coconut shrimp
* patties (they're like hot pockets ... the beef ones are my favorite)
* jerk salmon (the sea bass is good, too, but it's more like a curry)
* six-hour braised oxtail (tasty, but really fatty)

(2012)

No comments: