Monday, January 4, 2016

Delfina - San Francisco

5/5 stars


I'm gonna have dreams about that spaghetti pomodoro...

It was silky perfection with its bright red sauce that featured the tomatoes-oh-just-taste-these-tomatoes. The best part was probably the good-quality olive oil that coated the pasta and left a beautiful sheen on my plate. It was the most simple, yet delicious spaghetti I have ever had. I hope I'll be able to re-create it at home.

We were seated right away because we had reservations. However, our server took forever to greet us. Actually, she took forever with everything (getting our waters, taking our orders, etc). I am not sure if it was because she was busy or spacey, but she could've been more attentive. I can't bring myself to dock a star, however, because that spaghetti was just so darn amazing. Did I mention the perfect amount of basil? The sheen of olive oil? Oh, well, even if I did, there it is again. It. Was. Just. That. Delightful.

The grilled calamari, Tartine bread, and bellini weren't half bad either ;)


(2015)

No comments: