Monday, January 4, 2016

DishDash - Sunnyvale

4/5 stars

10 years after hearing rave reviews about this place, I finally made it :)

Thanks to my colleague for the impromptu dinner invite. We arrived around 6:15PM and to my surprise, got a table right away. We def got lucky. There was a line out the door when we left.

I liked where we were sitting: in a cozy booth in a dark corner of the bar.

We had the shawarma as an appetizer. It was served diced on a bed of hummus. I've never had it this way before, but I liked it a lot. Best shawarma and hummus I've ever had.

Even though I had filled up on hummus, babaghanouge (eggplant), and pita, I couldn't not order an entree my first time here. I followed my friend's lead and ordered what she usually gets: the Beriani (tender cubes of beef, potatoes, raisins, garbanzo beans, and aged yogurt over rice). It was perfect. I've never had it before, but I could tell that it was done really well.

The cocktails list was really good too. I had a couple drinks. My friends knew exactly what to order - even drinks that weren't on the menu anymore!

It was a fun evening and I'll definitely return.

(2015)

No comments: