Monday, January 4, 2016

Foreign Cinema - San Francisco

3/5 stars


I can't believe I can finally check this place off my list! Foreign Cinema has been on my SF go-to list for years. Even when I "worked" with them, I never visited. Unfortunately, I found brunch underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, everything was good, but I guess I was expecting more fairy dust.

The space was gorgeous. Probably my favorite part of the whole experience. I loved the exposed concrete, the light - the rustic, lovely feel of it all. It felt Californian-French. It was a rare sunny afternoon in SF and we were lucky enough to get a table outside. Our server was polite and patient.



We ordered bubbles and the homemade pop-tarts: one strawberry, one raspberry. They were delightful. After much perusing, I finally decided on the champagne omelet with morels, asparagus & creme fraiche because it's not every day you can order a perfectly made French omelette. Unfortunately, while nice, the omelette lacked morels and I can't remember seeing an asparagus. I've had immensely better eggs with creme fraiche at Ad Hoc in Yountville. I will say that the fried yukons were perfect. Good job there.



Overall, a great place for brunch with the girlfriends, but I won't be itching to come back.

(2015)

No comments: