Monday, January 4, 2016

Imagery Estate Winery - Glen Ellen

5/5 stars

UPDATE :)

They've won me over. I had the best experience here for my bachelorette party. My mom and friends and I were just taking silly photos out front when someone who worked at the winery walked by and invited us to a room for a private tasting. He poured us what felt like a dozen wines and treated us like princesses :) The owner even swung by!

I returned recently and learned that they have so many wines (to taste) that I'm bound to find 1 or 3 that I like. And I love their wine labels - each a unique piece of art. The pourers are so friendly and attentive. It's a super fun place to hang out!

Definitely a go-to winery and go-to wine!

***

We arrived by closing time, but they were super nice and let us hang out. Our pourer's name was Richie (I think) and he was great - friendly, attentive.

I love the art on their labels and ended up buying a Sangiovese for a Christmas present (recommended if you like chianti).

***

ATMOSPHERE: Imagery was bustling! The large bar was pretty, but the crowd and the vibe felt more touristy Napa to me than small, family-oriented Sonoma.

WINES: The beau and I shared a $10 tasting because this was our 5th stop today. I'm glad we did because unfortunately, I didn't like any of them. I want to try Imagery again someday because this was the winery that was recommended to me by two friends - not only do we have similar tastes, but they know a thing or two about good wines!

POURER: Did her job and she was nice, but aloof. We didn't really converse.

GOODIES: The unique art.

(2009-2015)

No comments: