Monday, January 4, 2016

La Bodeguita Del Medio - Palo Alto

1/5 stars

So many problems. I don't understand this restaurant.

La Bodeguita had been on my list for awhile. I was very excited to come here for my bday w/ some of my best friends. I made reservations weeks in advance.

1) The waiter surprised me with a bday dessert "compliments of the restaurant." Problem is... we got charged for it. So basically, I got charged for a dessert I didn't order. I didn't ask you to give me something for my birthday. I would have rather been charged for something I picked...

2) There's a 2-hour limit on tables. Um. What? This is pretty much a "family style" restaurant. What's family style? You share food, you talk, you be together as a family. It's not like we were just sitting there. We were eating our dessert (including the one I was charged for and didn't order) and doing the rum flight. We asked the waiter if we could order another round of drinks because it was my birthday. WE WANTED TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY. But instead of respecting us as patrons, you said our time was up. You said you needed the table. You said you had called to let us know there was a time limit. (A) I did not receive such a call and (B) the French Laundry doesn't even have a time limit.

3) Cascal's paella is better. And I'm not just saying that because of the above.

Don't waste your time. There are restaurants who don't have a 2 hour limit. Who want you to be there.

(2014)

No comments: