Monday, January 4, 2016

Ladurée Soho - New York, NY

4/5 stars


An incredible pastry chef at Google once told me that you can tell if a pastry chef is talented if they can make a good macaron. I don't bake, but I know how hard they are to make because it's VERY hard to find a good macaron.

The best macarons are from Laduree on Av. des Champs-Élysées in Paris. Their macarons are delicate and airy, they're not too sweet, and if you get the framboise macaron (one of my favorite flavors), you'll feel like you're eating homemade raspberry jam. Though, beware, some flavors are sweeter than others.

I was delighted when I learned that Laduree had come to New York and decided to make the long trek there. Even if it's just to longingly gaze at their desserts. They're just so pretty!

(2015)

No comments: