Monday, January 4, 2016

Naschmarkt Restaurant - Campbell

5/5 stars

This place is unreal.


Naschmarkt is really quite perfect. The owners remember you and make you feel like family. And the mixologists are truly some of the best in the Bay Area, and they are more than willing to make me something *amazing* off-menu. For that, I am thankful :)

Hubby and I celebrated Christmas early with date night here. They were serving my FAVORITEFAVORITE soup (Naschmarkt's perfect garlic soup)

and my new favorite pasta (fresh tagliatelle pasta with braised beef shin, pearl onions, escarole, shaved cremini mushrooms, bitter sweet chocolate and beef jus). The pasta is cooked in the beef jus and is a light tan colour, and is just heavenly. I could eat that pasta every day.

We were stuffed to the gills and couldn't fit in dessert, but we could not resist Alan's nog. His egg nog is the stuff that every kid and grown-up should ask for when sitting upon Santa's lap. It's thick, rich, and delicious. It's what egg nog is supposed to taste like. It's certainly a magical gift. (That and his guava-champagne cocktail. Zomg.) Make reservations here. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I feel like I'm sharing a secret with you ;)

Naschmarkt is romantic and exceptionally executed. Bravo!



(2015)

No comments: