Monday, January 4, 2016

Pizzeria Delfina - Palo Alto

5/5 stars


I came here on a Friday night to celebrate my birthday with my friends.

On Saturday, my husband asked me what I wanted for lunch. He said it was my birthday weekend and that I could have anything I wanted. I said Delfina. So we went back.

I think that pretty much sums up what I think of this place.

But if you want to know more...

These are my favorite pies:

Panna: tomato sauce, cream, basil, shaved parmigiano

Guanciale: pork jowl, spring onion, and black pepper

Funghi: Hen of the Woods mushrooms, panna, fontina, nepitella

They also have a pie called the Amatriciana (guanciale, chili, tomato, pecorino, black pepper) that isn't on the regular menu, but if you see it, order it!

Oh, and for the love of all that is delicious, put an egg (or two) on it.

The people are really nice, the wait is really long, and I'm really, really glad we don't have to drive all the way to SF for Pizzeria Delfina anymore. I'm thinking of instituting pizza-weekends.


(2015)

No comments: