Monday, January 4, 2016

Q Sushi - San Jose

5/5 stars


If anybody can build a castle made out of sushi, it's Chef Billy and Jackie.

Q Sushi is a SUSHI POP-UP in downtown San Jose. Talk about hidden gem. I adore pop-up restaurants because it's all about crazy-delcious food by crazy-talented chefs who are super passionate and driven.

Q Sushi didn't disappoint! It was the BEST sushi I've had in the Bay Area. And I'm not saying that lightly. You know how many sushi restaurants there are in the Bay Area? I bow down in reverence.

I don't think I can pick the best part. It could be how incredibly fresh everything is. The only place I've had fresher sushi is at the fish market in Tokyo. The salmon on the Lion King is sooo rich and good... maybe that's the best part. Or... it could be the fact that the terriyaki steak is made with RIB-EYE. I also liked how the chicken karaage wasn't oily at all.


Honestly though, the best part of Q is how freakin' innovative the sushi chef is. You NEED to get the Red Eclipse... it's like a sushi art sculpture! Everything is too jaw-dropping to eat. Almost.


Come! Live in my sushi castle with me!

(2015)

No comments: