Monday, January 4, 2016

Shake Shack - Queens, NY

4/5 stars

I almost missed my plane for Shake Shack. But I just had to see what all the fuss was about and if the Shack was really better than In n' Out.

I was in NY for work and it was fun asking folks who they thought was better. Everybody had an opinion and sometimes, it was a heated discussion :)

I ordered a cheeseburger, fries, and a vanilla frozen custard shake and ate the whole thing on the plane.

First of all, that's a tiny burger dude! I think it's smaller than In n' Out's cheeseburger.

Meat: you could tell that Shake Shack's juicy meat was made from high quality beef, but I prefer thinner patties.

Toppings: In n' Out's super fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, grilled onions, and pickles are better. Regarding the sauces: In n' Out's is a basic thousand island, but Shake Shack's was an interesting ketchup-mayo with just a hint of spice. I really liked it.

Buns: In n' Out's squishy buns were my favorite hamburger buns, but I also loved Shake Shack's soft potato bun. Tie here.

Fries: Shake Shack's crinkle fries win, especially with ketchup mixed with mayo.

Shake: I got hooked on frozen custard when I was in Oklahoma so I was excited to try Shake Shack's vanilla frozen custard shake. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as the stuff I had in OK. In n' Out's secret menu Neapolitan shake is my favorite.

The flight attendant walked by and asked me what I thought. The truth: it was really good, but I'm an In n' Out girl :)

(2015)

No comments: