Monday, January 4, 2016

Sones Cellars - Santa Cruz

5/5 stars

UPDATE :)

6 years later and Sones is still one of my favorite wineries. The people, if possible, are even friendlier. The petit syrah is ah-mazing. So is the syrah, which I tasted today. And, now that I'm all grown up now (ha!) and really, really enjoy red wine, this place is one of my go-tos.

***

This is one of my favorite wineries in Santa Cruz!

ATMOSPHERE: A very small shop owned by super friendly, down-to-earth people. They're attentive, engaging, knowledgeable, and warm. My favorite kind of winetasting service!

WINES: Sones specializes in syrah and zinfandels. I normally don't prefer red wines, but their zins are delicious. Very jammy and complex, yet easy to drink! You can tell that they love and care about their wines.

(2009-2015)

No comments: