Monday, January 4, 2016

Tee Nee Thai Cuisine - San Jose

4/5 stars

This place reminds me of my husband and I.

Except I'm not Thai.

My hubby, on the other hand, LOVES Belgium beer. I think his affections go:

1. Me
2. Our puppy
3. Belgium beer

One of our favorite wine enthusiasts from Ridge told us about Tee Nee Thai. It's a great place for a date!

I knew that this place was known for their beer list, but their wine list was even bigger! It was fun trying to find fruity whites to pair with the spicy Thai food. And man, was their food spicy! Their "medium" is what other Thai restaurants in the area would call "hot." We tried their pad thai and a red curry with pork. Both were fresh, tasty, and well-made. The food also didn't seem as sweet as Krung Thai's.

Service was lovely. The ladies are super, super nice and even let me try the white wine before ordering it.

Even though the prices were high for the portion size and the wine pours could have been a bit more generous, we'll most likely come back because there's nothing else like it. I wish more Asian restaurants had better wine, beer, and cocktails lists.

(2015)

No comments: