Monday, January 4, 2016

The NoMad Bar - New York, NY

5/5 stars

I am in freakin' love.

I had ONE night to see a dear friend and her wonderful husband. They wanted to take me to drinks after dinner so, being me, I googled "best cocktails in NY" and discovered The Nomad. I suggested The Nomad to my friends and got this email back: "you read our minds! we're planning to take you to the NoMad. it's suuuper awesome--very classic new york place."

Color me stoked.

Nomad was dark and beautiful. I was clearly underdressed, but no one treated me that way. Our server was very sweet and even gifted us delicious french fries complete with mayo & ketchup (the only way to eat french fries IMO).

I honestly want to try every.single.drink on the menu. I mean just look at these concoctions:

FORBIDDEN DANCE
Genever gin, aquavit, amontillado sherry, vanilla, velevt falernum, orgeat, pineapple, lime, and nutmeg

DANGER HAUS
fino sherry, suze, grapefruit oleo saccharum, fresh cranberries, cucumber

SHUTTLECOCK
cabernet franc, moscatel sherry, maraschino liquer, yellow chartruese, lemon, blackberries, mint, and orange

HAIR TRIGGER
venezuelan rum, fernet branca, ginger, lime, cucumber

YAYA COLADA
angostura bitters, blackstrap rum, foro amaro, toasted coconut, yaya carrots, and pineapple

MASS A-PEELLE
venezuelan rum, amontillado sherry, squash, lemon, and spices

Yup. I want to try every single one. Life goal. But it was a school night, so I settled with the START ME UP (bourbon, rum, strega, honey, ginger, lemon, and orange bitters) and then shared a nightcap with my two friends. Our server even brought us 3 straws :)

I wish I could remember what it was, because it was amazing, but our server selected it for us and I can't recall the name.

I didn't want the evening to end.

(2015)

No comments: