Monday, December 28, 2015

Benziger Family Winery - Glenn Ellen

5/5 stars

ATMOSPHERE: They offer a tour, which we didn't do, but someday I'd like to. The inside was bright, open, and airy.

WINES: I really enjoyed every aspect of Benziger. A sister winery of Imagery, I found that I preferred Benziger's wines more. If I hadn't already spent so much (Benziger was our 5th stop of the day), I would've bought some here. My gf walked away with a case because they were having a special. She even got to mix and match! The wines are reasonably priced and each one was solid. I don't think you can go wrong with Benziger wines!

POURER: Our pourer was wonderful - a fun and outgoing guy. He was charming and generous - waived our tasting fee, and even let my friend and I try a port that wasn't on the tasting list. He made our brief stay pleasant.

GOODIE: Bio-dynamic winery!

(2009)

No comments: