Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Squeeze Inn Hamburgers - Napa

5/5 stars

I learned about the Squeeze Inn years ago from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on the Food Network. We make the drive through Sacramento every few months and I have ALWAYS wanted to stop in the original Squeeze, but alas, we never made their store hours. So I was thrilled to learn that there was a shiny and new Squeeze Inn in Napa. A greasy burger is the perfect way to sop up all that wine-tasting if you ask me!

We ordered the traditional Squeezeburger and a side of onion rings with ranch dressing. We sat at the counter to watch him make them. We practically had the place to ourselves on a quiet Saturday night. I hope his business picks up.

The burger fixings were simple. Clean, green lettuce, a couple slices of tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a smear of mustard and mayo. All the flavor was in the sharp, crispy cheese. I ate a bit of the skirt by itself and then folded the whole thing into the burger. The flavor of the cheese was really strong and I loved the extra crunch it added. It paired well with the juicy beef. It was, simply, wonderful. I am wondering if I can make burgers this way at home.

Honestly, though, the best part of the whole mess? The bun. Soft, chewy, perfect burger bun. I wish they sold this stuff in the stores. I would never use any other burger bun for the rest of my life.

(2011)

No comments: