Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hog Island Oyster Company - Marshall

5/5 stars

My fiance and I had our engagement photo shoot here and they were so accommodating! Enthusiastic and incredibly sweet, too. My bottle of Domaine Carneros sparkling wine had gotten warm during the journey, but they had a chilled one that they cheerfully traded with me. They even cooled our beers. I made reservations and they gave us a nice picnic table by the water - there was even a bachelorette party celebrating next to us! I took it as a good sign.

I had packed quite a scene for the engagement shoot and attracted a little crowd. There were flowers in mason jars, a cupcake tower, a bowl full of lemons and limes, and a wicker picnic basket to admire. I even had marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate, but we were so stuffed after the 2 dozen oysters, a loaf of sourdough and dreamy Cowgirl Creamery triple-cream brie - oh! and those gorgeous cupcakes! - that we didn't have room for the s'mores. Btw, extra garlic on the BBQ'd oysters really make a difference!

I loved the smell of the bay and the weather was kind to us and gave us sun! The last time I was here, you needed a parka. So bring one, just in case. And they've really spruced the place up. There seem to be more picnic tables and The Boat (an oyster bar) was an awesome addition.

Bring your own coals to BBQ!

(2011)

No comments: