Monday, December 28, 2015

Cline Cellars - Sonoma

4/5 stars

UPDATE :)

We came back - it's a good place to START your wine-tasting trip because of the location, the simple, decent wines, and the price of the non-reserve tasting: free!

I had a MUCH better experience at Cline this time, all because of JOE! Joe is a chatty gentleman and you can ask him anything. He gave us recommendations on wineries to visit and places to eat. He even gave me his wife's recipe for quick sangria using Cline's $12 pinot grigio: In a large, wide wine glass, layer frozen mangos with any fresh fruit that you have (blueberries and raspberries work), and then fill the glass with the wine and place it in the fridge for an hour. Then, throw in some ice chips and a splash of fizzy pink lemonade or pomegranate juice and garnish with a mint spring. Makes individual servings.

Cline is complete with Joe, affordable wine, a fountain, and many picnic tables on the grass!

***

I think I'm turning into a lush. Two Saturdays in a row have been spent in Sonoma - that's 12 wineries total! I'm not going this weekend, but I can't wait to go back sometime in February.

ATMOSPHERE: A great place to go in the summer - they've got a whole lawn full of picnic tables. The tasting room was simple and laid-back - no muss, no fuss!

WINES: Cline is Jacuzzi's sister winery - turns out I like Cline better. Most of the tastings are free, with the reserve stuff at $1 a glass. My gf Cam and I really enjoyed their whites, and the bf went home with a bottle of their port. Their wines are REALLY reasonably priced too - several of them were under $15!

POURER: Really nice ladies, chatty, and outgoing . Only complaint is that the pourer:visitor ratio is not good - we had to wait a little bit.

GOODIES: Cline's got a country-feel - I want to come back during the summer.

(2009)

No comments: