Monday, December 28, 2015

Homewood Winery - Sonoma

5/5 stars

ATMOSPHERE: Tiny - like maybe fit 6 people at the bar tiny - but oh so on my must-visit list. OK, maybe the solid wines and friendly people have something to do with it, but I highly suspect it's because Ollie, their yellow lab, is so darn wonderful. By the way, being tiny isn't a bad thing in this case. Homewood is warm, casual, and family-oriented.

WINES: I fell in love with their Merlot Port. I've never had anything like it. It filled my ENTIRE mouth with the delicious taste of blueberry pie. And not just ANY blueberry pie - but the REAL, old-fashioned kind made from those tiny, little Maine blueberries. OM NOM NOM! Eat a piece of chocolate truffle and sip this wine and drool.

POURER: Friendly, knowledgeable, and totally laid-back. So nice.

GOODIES: Ollie.

(2009)

No comments: