Monday, December 28, 2015

Los Gatos Café - Los Gatos

5/5 stars

Sorry Stacks. Sorry Bill's Cafe. Sorry Bobbi's, Counrty Inn, Country Gourmet, and Flames.

Los Gatos Cafe is the best breakfast place in the Bay Area.

FOOD: Yes, the potatoes. They were crunchy on the top, melt-in-your-mouth on the inside, with just a hint of yellow curry - how unique. Yes, the raspberry coffee cake. Moist, buttery cake with an amazing cinnamon crumbly topping. But mostly, MOSTLY, yes the hollandaise sauce. I normally dislike hollandaise because ... it's just. too. much. Too fatty or too oily, too thin or too salty, too thick or too yucky. But Los Gatos' hollandaise was delicious. It was tasty. It was yummy. It was from the hollandaise Gods. (I do recommend that you order the hollandaise on the side so you can control how much you put on)

I ordered the California benedict and the Los Gatos Cafe staff is cool with substitutions. Yay for making (A) my life easier and (B) making my breakfast dreams come true. I subbed the "canadian ham" on my benedict with "linguica." It was seriously the best eggs' benedict I've ever had. Sausage? Good. Plenty of fresh avocado slices? Good. Hollandaise? Duh. Good. HOMEMADE ENGLISH MUFFIN? GOOD!

The bf ordered the Mexcian Flag special which was basically their potatoes on top of their black bean chili smothered with cheese, chorizo, FRESH salsa, avocado, and sour cream. Seriously, that salsa tasted like it came from the garden out back. And they sure do know how to season their stuff at the LGC!

ATMOSPHERE: Accepts only cash. Expect a wait. I'd recommend sitting outside (less crowded, noisy, smelly). My water glass was never empty. Always got a genuine smile. Nice folks!

(2009)

No comments: