Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Orenchi Ramen - Santa Clara

5/5 stars


I don't usually HAPPILY wait 45+ minutes for any place.

I've been to Japan and this place is authentic in every way possible: the wait, the look, the service, but most importantly - the ramen.

The only problem, aside from the wait (which I have no control over), is that I always order the same thing because I CRAVE it at least 2x a week. The tonkotsu is creamy, savory, pork-y, chicken-soup-perfection. It comes with a single slice of pork, an amazing soft-boiled egg, mushrooms, scallions, and seaweed. I always order an extra egg because the egg = win. Oh, and the noodles? Thick and chewy.

I've also had the chicken karaage (must order), the rice and pork (decent), the bamboo shoots (decent), and the egg rolls (OK to skip).

The service is quick, loud, efficient, and friendly.

I'm glad they're doing so well, but really, I wish there wasn't a 45 minute wait EVERY SINGLE TIME. That won't stop me from going, though. Best ramen in the Bay Area IMO.

(2011)

No comments: