Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Spago - Wailea, HI

5/5 stars

I couldn't have picked a better way to spend the first night of our honeymoon!

Spago's at the Four Seasons is a gorgeous restaurant. Half of the seating is outside in the open ocean air, with a view of said ocean. One warning, though: Maui is WINDY! So, if you're eating after the sun has set, I would say eat inside. The walls are made of glass windows that slide open and close, turning it all into an open-air restaurant. The inside of the restaurant is just as beautiful, with huge, stunning photographs of sea anemone.

The service and cocktail menu are both excellent. I started with a lychee martini and because I had been on the famous "no-carb wedding dress" diet, I had a lot of fun devouring their bread (sweet, Maui onion rolls, parmesan crisps, and sourdough). Spago's was a great place to not be on a diet anymore! The menu is actually quite small, but I made a rocking meal out of the appetizers. I had the tomato soup (sweet and creamy) and the seafood risotto with lobster butter (rich! rich! rich!)

I didn't think I could eat another bite, but my amazing husband talked to the restaurant manager and had a yum molten chocolate cake sent over. Then, after that, the waiter came over with biscuits. We had to pack those up because after the flight, the sun, and the decadent dinner, I was ready to fall asleep at the table.

Warning: Spago's Maui is one of the more expensive restaurants that I have been to. The appetizers' prices are what you would normally see as an entree price at another restaurant and the entree prices are double.

(2011)

No comments: