Thursday, January 22, 2015

Gombei Japanese Restaurant - San Jose

2/5 stars

ATMOSPHERE: Line was out the door! That's always a good sign, right? I'm sorry I don't agree with the 4 star rating or with the 120+ other Yelpers, but I can see the appeal! Even though every single table was full when we arrived, turn around time was fast so we were seated within 10 minutes. Service was super friendly - 4 star service for sure! Place was clean, warm, n' cozy. Cash only! 

FOOD: Japanese comfort food. Sort of like home-cooking, but on the bland side. HUGE PORTIONS, though. You get a lot for a low price. I had the fried shrimp udon and didn't like it. Shrimp and onion rings were fried up nice and non-greasy, though. I just didn't like the overall taste of the food. Not the restaurant's fault.

(2008)

No comments: