Thursday, January 22, 2015

Black Angus Steakhouse - Milpitas

3/5 stars

I haven't been back to Black Angus in 5 years? I remember it being less than mediocre - gray and teeny portions. This particular Black Angus was pretty great, probably the best in the Bay Area. Changed my mind about Black Angus for sure!

SERVICE: we were with our favorite couple and so beer and lots of laughing were involved. our waiter was really patient, chill, and attentive. He recommended the mango mojito and it was delish! 

ATMOSPHERE: a lot nicer than other Black Angus restaurants I've been to and well-lit - for a steakhouse.

FOOD: the cowboy bread was warm, fresh, and nutty. I shared the Dinner for Two with my friend which is a terrific deal! We each got to pick a steak of choice, soup or salad, and shared an appetizer, and dessert. A TON of food. I had the prime rib and it was a good size and juicy! but a part of it was just solid fat. We also had the shrimp appetizer and the shrimp were huge and crisp! Strawberry cheesecake for dessert and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't taste like it had been frozen.

(2007)

No comments: