Sunday, January 11, 2015

Elephant Bar - Cupertino

3/5 stars

THE ATMOSPHERE: I hope you like (ele)phants.

THE FOOD: The food is better (and when I say better, I mean less oily, more original, and tastes better) and cheaper (a lot of their dishes are around just $7) than TGIF, Chili's, and Applebee's.

You know how kids ALWAYS order chicken fingers? Well, you'll want to too at the Elephant Bar. One of my favorite dishes is the Honey Mustard Chicken salad. Juicy, all-white meat (no mysteries here, thank goodness), lightly breaded (panko?) and lightly fried (you don't feel like you're going to clog up an artery when eating this), it's tossed with cheese, tomatoes, (and more if I could remember), and the BEST HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING ever (they make it at the restaurant fresh). I also recommend their version of the pina colada - rum, pineapple juice, mango, coconut, passion raspberry, cream and topped with toasted coconut and whipped cream. It's uber yummy.

THE DESSERTS: Only dessert worth ordering is the mud pie. Everything else is disappointing.

(2007)

No comments: